jon adland--my life since somerset elementary

0 Replies, 703 Views

After graduating B-CC, I attending Washington University in St Louis with a junior year at Hebrew University.  Following graduation, I was accepted into rabbinical school and Hebrew Union College and went to the Cincinnati campus being ordained in 1982.  I met my wife Sandy at a wedding at the end of 1979 and we were married in 1981.  My first position was in Indianapolis from 1982-86.  Then we went to Lexington, KY 1986-2003, back to Indianapolis until 2011 and then to Canton, OH where I retired in 2019.  Along the way we were blessed with a son Joshua and a daughter Rachel.  They are both married now.  Josh has 3 sons (the latest born a month ago) and Rachel a son and a daughter.  She lives in Columbus, OH and a year ago we moved there to be closer to her and her family.
Along my rabbinic journey, I have had the opportunity to participate in social justice work in a variety of causes including hunger, reproductive rights, homelessness and more.
At this point in my life, I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity doing construction on new and rehab homes and volunteer at a food pantry.  In my spare time I do woodworking, play golf and fish when I can.
"Life is good to me so far."
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2023, 06:13 PM by [email protected].)